Download the Powerpoint
Ergonomist Dr. Geoff Wright will describe how seemingly small “mismatches” between the person, their computer accessories and their workstation can cause musculoskeletal discomfort and pain.
During this webinar, attendees will learn about:
- The parts of the body where “mismatches” could be the cause of musculoskeletal discomfort
- The most common factors that can cause musculoskeletal discomfort and pain
- Why everyday situations in offices and at home may be a cause of discomfort
- Design considerations for setting up computer workstations
- Why a task-specific approach is needed when adjusting computer equipment and furniture
- What can be done to reduce and/or minimise common sources of discomfort
- An ergonomics perspective on hand-held devices
Dr. Geoff Wright is the Ergonomist for the City of Vancouver, where he provides technical advice and guidance on ergonomics to Health and Safety coordinators and managers involved in Stay at Work and Return to Work. Geoff has over 30 years of work experience in Ergonomics and Occupational Health and Safety – from starting the Ontario Ministry of Labour’s program in Ergonomics, to executive positions with their Occupational Health and Safety Division and with Ontario’s Workers’ Compensation Board, to Principal Consultant with Ergonomics Plus Inc. in Toronto. Geoff has a Ph. D. in Ergonomics, is a Registered Professional Engineer in Ontario and B.C., a Canadian Registered Safety Professional, a Certified Professional Ergonomist in Canada and the U.S., and is a Fellow Member of the Association of Canadian Ergonomists and UK’s Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors. He was also a member of the Technical Committee that developed Canadian Standards Association’s ‘Guideline on Office Ergonomics’.
Partially Funded by