What is a Conference ‘Poster’?
Poster presentations will be a showcase of your research or your organization’s innovative initiatives.
Poster sessions are a great opportunity to share the story of your initiative and to get feedback from the attendees to inform future work.
Posters usually consist of affixing a showcase poster to a portable wall with a person/people in attendance answering questions posed by passing colleagues. Posters are often created using a presentation program such as PowerPoint and may be printed on a large format printer. Posters are usually laminated with plastic to improve durability.
An effective poster...
- Is a source of information
- is a conversation starter
- summarizes and promotes your work
- is a visual communication tool --it shows, rather than tells
For this conference, poster dimensions are 36” wide x 48” high // 91.44 cm X 121.92 cm
Benefits of Presenting
- Cash Prizes available for winning posters.
- A ‘best of’ poster presentation will be selected and promoted to media
- The opportunity to promote the innovative work of your organization
- The opportunity to receive feedback on your work from colleagues.
- An opportunity to participate fully in the conference, networking with others interested in workplace health.
- The prestige of being selected to present a poster at the conference at the main conference or satellite sites.
Conference registration will be coming soon and will give access to the full conference program, plus the Welcome Reception (at the main conference site) and breakfast, lunch and breaks for two days.
Poster Review and Presentation
- You will find out if your poster has been accepted by Friday, March 31, 2017.
- You must register for the conference to have your poster displayed at the main conference or a satellite location and to be eligible for the cash prize competition